Seminars in the winter term 2020/2021
In the current term, the Chair of Business Computing and Operations Research offers the seminars... [more]
Exam review - BWiWi 1.14 (Introduction to Business Informatics)
The exam review for the exam on August 13, 2020 will take place on October 19, 2020 from 10:00 a.m.... [more]
We commemorate our secretary Iwona Wüster
We knew Iwona Wüster as a sincere, friendly and competent colleague and friend who always had an... [more]
Seminars in the current summer term
In the current term, the chair of Business Computing and Operations Research offers the seminar... [more]
Corona crisis: Availability of the chair team
Unfortunately, due to the corona crisis, no office hours can be offered on site. However, we can be... [more]
The research group of Business Computing and Operations Research (WINFOR) is highly interested in the development of productive projects in cooperation with industry. Our research is focused on the application of modern information and communication technologies to the planning and control of production and transportation processes.
We are very pleased to offer the following forms of cooperation to companies who are interested in collaborating with our team:
- Projects: Together we will work on a problem that is considered important for your enterprise. Moreover, your company will gain access to current international research results, which are usually difficult to access. Besides finding a real-world solution to your problem, we are also interested in practical projects because they provide an opportunity to develop new fields of research.
- Joint diploma/master thesis projects: The execution of practical diploma/master theses often leads to successful projects. As our students have the necessary solid methodological expertise, various possibilities for an efficient deployment arise for your company in the context of diploma/master thesis projects. In addition, we will support the students in close coordination with you.
- Teaching: Talks given by companies in the context of specific courses, organization of joint seminars, project groups, and workshops. We would like to add that the organization of project groups with advanced students allows the joint development of solutions to major practical problems.
- Lectures of the chair given at your company.
- Joint organization of workshops at your company.
- Placement of graduates and interns.
Possible fields of cooperation
Projects that have a high compatibility with our fields of research frequently achieve the best results for both sides. Fields of activity considered so far have, for example, been
- Planning and control of mixed-model assembly lines
- Mass customization
- Nearshoring and Offshoring
- Facility layout planning
- Sequencing and scheduling in job-shop manufacturing systems
- Control of transportation networks
For further information on each topic, please visit our research profile.
If you are interested in cooperating with the chair, please contact us. You are also welcome to directly contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Bock.